Our Accessible Performances are designed and adapted for people who may find a traditional theatre performance setting challenging.
If you, or someone you'll be visiting Cast with, has a disability, has additional or complex needs, or struggles with sitting in a regular theatre environment, then one of our Accessible Performance may be beneficial.
If you find the theatre overwhelming, ask us about our late comers booths - you can still watch the performance, but in a more private environment away from the main auditorium.
What Accessible Performances are available at Cast?
- Relaxed Performances
- Captioned Performances
- Audio Described Performances
- Socially Distanced Performances
What is a Relaxed Performance?
- We keep the lights up, so it won't get too dark at any point during the performance
- We leave space for you to move about
- We have an open door policy, so you can come and go as you need to
- We turn the volume down, so there are no loud bangs or flashes of light
- We will never ask anyone to leave any performance for making involuntary noises, but you may feel more comfortable knowing that you're in a relaxed environment
- There will always be someone there to help if you need assistance
- Ask us about our access booths
- You can still watch the performance, but in a private environment away from the main auditorium
Upcoming Relaxed Performances
- Beauty & the Beast- Tues 12 Dec, 10am
- Beauty & the Beast- Weds 27 Dec, 7pm
Keep an eye on our website for the next accessible performances!
If you have any questions about Accessible Performances, or about access at Cast in general, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01302 303 959.