Cast Open Call
For our upcoming Digital Scratch Event
DEADLINE: 5pm Monday 21 December 2020
Cast are looking for submissions from artists, creatives & practitioners to fill slots in our upcoming Digital Scratch event which we will host on our website and social media channels in January 2021. We are aiming for the final pieces to go live digitally w/c 25th January 2021.
A Scratch Night is a chance for creatives, artists, theatre makers and practitioners to share a work in progress in front of a audience. It's a chance for you to be creative, inspired and to take risks with your projects! It's an opportunity for local makers to try something new, to put that idea you've had in the back of your head for years, into practise. This Scratch Night will look slightly differently. All pieces will be available for audiences to watch online via Cast for a limited period of time. As we can’t be in the same room to enjoy the different sharing's we will work with each successful applicant to ensure their idea and project can be posted online and shared to audiences that way. We want this to be as open as possible so will work with individual applicants to ensure their song, poem, short play, photo, video, picture, visual art piece, comedy, text, spoken word piece, sculpture, textile piece, recording any anything else you can think of will work online.
- New or early development work - this could be a photo you haven't shared before, a new sketch you are working on, a script that is still in development, a work in progress piece, a still in development performances, or a short sample of an 'almost complete' piece.
- Any genre, any artform, nothing is off limits.
- Anything 15 minutes or less.
- Anything pre-recorded is a bonus, but dependant on what your piece is, you don't need to be tech savvy. We can help you adapt your idea to make it work digitally.
- This is an opportunity for South Yorkshire based artists so please only apply if you live or work in this area.
- Fully formed work that has previously toured, been performed or exhibited in a professional venue.
- This is NOT just for theatre makers. Got a cracking idea that you think people will love but not sure where it belongs? Apply anyway! Or drop Rosie and email to talk through your idea a little more at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The opportunity to share your work in progress with a pre-existing audience and for it to be featured on Cast's website and social media channels.
- £200 fee.
- Marketing support.
- 1-2-1 Phone/Zoom/Teams/Whatever your digital poison is meeting with our Associate Producer to chat touring, fundraising, producing - anything you might be itching to find out!
Send either one side of A4 or a short video to email@example.com, before 5pm on Monday 21st December, with the below info included:
- A short bio of who you are and what you have done in the past. (no more than 300 words)
- The name of your project (this can be a working title) and artform. (example: Rosie Clark, Theatre short play) (can be more than one)
- A short description of your project (What we need to know here is some thinking on how you plan to create and perform your piece digitally/online. Is it pre-recorded, are you making a new piece of film or recording, is it a series of photos, do you need an actor to perform your monologue or script? is it an audio play, is it a song, poem a new series of sketches or animation/VR work? This only needs to be an idea at this stage we can help fully form it later on, no more than 500 words)
We can only offer up to 5 slots as part of this scratch night but Cast will ensure to get back to everyone who applies if they aren't successful before 25th December.