Our Relaxed Performances are designed and adapted for people who may find a traditional theatre performance setting challenging.
If you, or someone you'll be visiting Cast with, has a disability, has additional or complex needs, or struggles with sitting in a regular theatre environment, then a Relaxed Performance may be beneficial.
If you find the theatre overwhelming, ask us about our late comers booths - you can still watch the performance, but in a more private environment away from the main auditorium.
But what is a Relaxed Performance?
- We keep the lights up, so it won't get too dark at any point during the performance.
- We leave space for you to move about.
- We have an open door policy, so you can come and go as you need to.
- We turn the volume down, so there are no loud bangs or flashes of light.
- We will never ask anyone to leave any performance for making involuntary noises, but you may feel more comfortable knowing that you're in a relaxed environment.
- There will always be someone there to help if you need assistance.
- Ask us about our access booths
- You can still watch the performance, but in a private environment away from the main auditorium.
Upcoming Relaxed Performances
Aladdin Christmas Pantomime- Doncaster's spectacular family Pantomime for 2020.
Thursday 3 December 10am - SEN Schools
Monday 28 December 6pm - Relaxed
These classic films are a fun and relaxed way to enjoy the magic of cinema specially adapted to welcome people living with dementia, their families and carers in a safe and friendly environment. Includes a free cuppa and biscuits, and a free ticket for accompanying carer.
An American in Paris - Fri 27 March 1pm
The Wizard of Oz - Fri 17 April 1pm
La La Land - Fri 15 May 1pm
Dream Girls - Fri 5 June 1pm
Hairspray - Fri 3 July 1pm
Sing, Swing and Cake
A friendly social for older people, and particularly great for those living with dementia and their families.
Wednesday 13 May- 1.30pm
Wednesday 1 July- 1.30pm
If you have any questions about Relaxed Performances, or about access at Cast in general, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01302 303 959.